Monday, June 3, 2013

Blog 6: Second Tico family 6/3/13


My second tico family did not turn out like a planed, but it turned out better than I could have asked for. I was told the day before we met our second families that I had to switch with my professor because of internet access. At first I kind of frustrated because I do not deal with change very well and I was told this information only a day in advance. I was not angry with anyone, I was just freaked out a little because I already had an idea of the family I was going to be staying with and also got them gifts that were specifically for the members in my original family. After meeting my new family I realized they are absolutely wonderful. I am so happy that both my tico families turned out to be so great. I was nervous at first because they only spoke Spanish to me when they picked me up at the dentist and it was dark and rainy. Once I got settled at their house I felt better because they spoke slow enough for me to understand and made sure I understood what they meant after they said something to me. They are always making sure I was okay and they knew exactly when I needed breakfast, when to leave, and when I needed dinner. They also wanted to know about my day and how I am doing each day, which meant a lot to me. At this point with my Spanish I could actually ask them how their day was back to them and show I was concerned about them too. My tico family is very happy all the time, which makes me happy and want to be around them more than my other tico family. I like how I can make jokes with this family and even dance and sing around the house with them. We also always play with the two year old, Alina, who is adorable and loves to play. I find it strange that she does not speak any words though. It makes me wonder if she has a speech problem because she understands almost all the things the parents say to her.




No comments:

Post a Comment