Monday, June 3, 2013

Blog 3: Second teaching experience 5/23/13

At our second teaching experience at Calle Viquez Primary School I felt extremely comfortable teaching the students my English lesson because we planned it together as a group and we had already taught at the school before. I taught fourth graders about hygiene and opposites. I think my teaching went well because my students understood opposites and how to get ready in the morning when we all shared what we learned as a whole class. The students I worked with could tell me things that were short/tall, smooth/rough, thick/wide and dark/light. I also think the lesson went well because the students answered the questions I asked them and also participated when we walked around to find opposites around the school. The thing that did not work was when I asked them how they got ready in the morning and they just stared at me. Since that did not work I tried something new, which was that I drew pictures and explained to them the things I did to get ready in the morning. After I did that the students started to draw pictures similar to mine and also their own pictures that represented what they do in the morning to get ready. The thing I think worked the best for the students was when I used hand motions and pictures. They also liked the hands on objects in the bag that helped explained how to get ready in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment