Friday, June 7, 2013

Blog 11: The tourist attraction I liked best in Costa Rica 6/03/13



The tourist attraction that I liked best in Costa Rica was the Arenal Springs Hotel and Spa. First we went to a spot to see the Arenal Volcano from a fantastic view and then took a hike before going to the hotel for the hot springs. At the hotel I saw eight springs, some were cold and some were hot, but I also saw a beautiful scenery and hotel. When I was there I finally felt like I was in Costa Rica. I say this because my idea of Costa Rica before thing about going on this study abroad trip was that it was a place with great scenery, nature, and relaxing at a marvelous hotel with pools. I felt like a typical American at this tourist attraction because I finally got to relax, lay out by the pool, and enjoy the great hotel. I realized I was representing the typical American culture because I was relaxing, on my phone, and laying out by the pool. The rest of this trip had made me realize that the typical American would come to Costa Rica for all those wonderful things and that is what they would expect, but as for my I got to experience so much more. I am happy that I got to have that weekend at the hotel because I did really want to experience the typical vacation oasis in Costa Rica, but I am even more happy that I got more than just that on this study abroad trip. Instead of staying a five star hotel every day for three and half weeks, I got to live with two tico families and see first hand how people in Costa Rica act and live. I got to interact with their language and their culture first hand and appreciate our similarities and differences.




No comments:

Post a Comment